Here is our technical training schedule – each class has a strict maximum of 6 students, which will fill on a first come, first serve basis.
The trainings are made up of a 3-day course and require an $100 deposit, due 1 month prior to the class date. Once you complete your training, that $100 will turn into a Parts department credit, for you to use whenever you choose.
However, if you do not make your deposit 1 month prior to the class your spot will be offered to the next person in line. Also, failure to attend your class would result in forfeiting the deposit.
Technician Level 1
Goal: Introduce a person to the field technician profession; create a working understanding of the machine’s components and a familiarity with the principles of La Marzocco repair.
- Basic coffee proficiency – grind/dose/tamp/extraction understanding
- Basic plumbing proficiency – do you know how to turn off your sink’s water?
- Basic electrical proficiency – AC vs. DC & 220v vs. 110v, Ohms/Watts/Amps
- Comprehensive review before class of the “La Marzocco Training Manual”
- Perform machine installation
- Perform machine periodic maintenance
- Perform steam wand and MP group rebuilds
- Understand machine hydraulic and electrical systems, and parts
- Perform basic troubleshooting
- Understand proper role as espresso technician
AVAILABLE 2012 DATES:
If you are interested and meet the requirements, we would love to get you enrolled. Please understand that this class is geared towards creating professional technicians, those looking to have a long-term career in machine repair.
Please contact Scott Guglielmino at scott[at]lamarzoccousa.com and cc your La Marzocco Sales Rep (Mike Lanz or Michael Del Gatto) if you are interested or have any questions.